Thursday, October 28, 2010

Who's Your (TV) Daddy? Part 2


Brian Kelly of Flipper seems to always be at the top of everyone's Hottest TV Dad list. It's easy to see why. A former marine and son of a Michigan governor, Kelly was extremely handsome and had a strong, masculine build, barrel-chested in a 60s-college-football-star way. As game warden Porter Ricks on Flipper, he exuded the kind of strong-without-swagger masculinity that seems to have gone out of style a generation or so ago.




















Kelly's career was cut short by a severe motorcycle accident in 1969 when the a borrowed motorcycle exploded on him. He was left with a paralyzed right arm and leg and speech problems. He sued and won a settlement, which he used to produce the Harrison Ford classic, Blade Runner.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Kelly was always threatening to spank his 2 boys, Sandy and Bud. I thought to myself I'd go across his lap gladly if he were my dad! ha

    ReplyDelete